The new MIUI 13 interface seeks to correct and increase. Faced with older, more radical updates – does anyone remember the jump from MIUI 10 to 11? – MIUI 13 seems to play it safe, optimize to the maximum and provide the best possible user experience.
On the other side of the ring, we have MIUI 12, whose performance has not satisfied everyone. Quite the contrary. Some widespread complaints related to speed, battery drain, and menu preview irregularities are cast as an uneasy shadow, while the vast majority wait for the MIUI 12.5 update.
So well, this is all we know about MIUI 13: release date, news, and compatible models that will receive this revamped Xiaomi interface.
Which Xiaomi smartphones will be compatible with MIUI 13?
According to Gizchina and starting directly from an article published by a moderator of the Mi Community forum, more than 80 models distributed by Xiaomi would have the new MIUI 13 interface. This information was later denied by Xiaomi itself. As we indicated, the actual list of terminals that would receive (or not) the MIUI 13 update is still unknown.
Some of the most high-profile absences, as shown below, are within l a series mi 9 and Redmi 8 – not even the Pro model is saved -. We are talking about a family of terminals launched just over two years ago. And the same luck seems to run the Mi MIX 3 5G, a smartphone considered high-end that seems to fall short in terms of requirements, despite having hardware that is still very solvent today.
Below we show the complete list of smartphones eligible with MIUI 13 Update:
Xiaomi family eligible with MIUI 13 update
- Xiaomi Mix 4 . This would be the company’s first smartphone to wear MIUI 13, in addition to incorporating a series of improvements inherited from the Mi 11 Ultra.
- Xiaomi 11T Pro
- Xiaomi 11T
- Xiaomi Mi 11X
- Xiaomi-Mi 11X Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 11i
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite
- Xiaomi Mi Fold
- Xiaomi Mi 10i 5G
- Xiaomi Mi 11
- Xiaomi Mi 10s
- Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro 5G
- Xiaomi Mi 10T 5G
- Xiaomi-Mi 10T Lite 5G
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Youth 5G
- Xiaomi-Mi 10 Lite 5G
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G
- Xiaomi Mi 10 5G
- Xiaomi Mi 10 Ultra
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10
- Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Pro
- Xiaomi-Mi CC9 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi Mix Alpha
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G
- Xiaomi-Mi 9 Pro
- Xiaomi Mi 9 Explorer
Redmi family compatible with MIUI 13 update
- Redmi Note 11
- Redmi Note 10 Pro
- Redmi Note 10 5G
- Redmi Note 10
- Redmi Note 10S
- Redmi Note 10 Pro Max
- Redmi K40 Pro+
- Redmi K40 Pro
- Redmi K40
- Redmi Note 9T
- Redmi 9T
- Redmi 9 Power
- Redmi Note 9 5G
- Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G
- Redmi K30s
- Redmi K30 Ultra
- Redmi 9 Prime
- Redmi 9i
- Redmi 9
- Redmi 9A
- Redmi 9C
- Redmi 10X Pro 5G
- Redmi 10X 5G
- Redmi 10X 4G
- Redmi K30i 5G
- Redmi K30 5G Racing
- Redmi Note 9 Pro
- Redmi Note 9
- Redmi K30 Pro Zoom
- Redmi K30 Pro
- Redmi Note 9S
- Redmi Note 9 Pro Max
- Redmi 9
- Redmi K20 Pro Premium
- Redmi K30
- Redmi K30 5G
- Redmi K20 Pro
POCO family compatible with MIUI 13 update
- POCO M2 Reloaded
- POCO X3 Pro
- POCO F3
- POCO X3 NFC
- POCO X3
- POCO M2 Pro
- POCO M2
- POCO F2 Pro
- POCO X2
- POCO C3
Black Shark family compatible with MIUI 13 update
- Black Shark 4 Pro
- Black shark 4
- Black Shark 3 Pro
- Black shark 3
- Black Shark 2 Pro
- Black shark 2
- Black Shark 3S
Xiaomi smartphones that probably will NOT receive MIUI 13 update
- Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Mi 9 Lite
- Redmi 8
- Mi 9T Pro
- Mi 9T
- We 9 SE
- Wed 9
- Mi MIX 3 5G
- Mi A3
What will the design of MIUI 13 be like?
And, in terms of design, we start with a possible render of the interface of the new Control Center, which is renewed in an intuitive and simplistic way to provide more information in the same amount of space.
The information, leaked from the Weibo forums, would point to a Control Center grouped in two columns. Data that also matches this other leak from IT Home.
One left with the usual controls for WiFi, Bluetooth, screen brightness, and audio level. And, on the right, a new upper module that would include information on the number of steps taken, financial balance for the month, total hours of daily use, and the amount of free and total storage available.
As is typical with each new interface launch, we will surely see a handful of adjustments in the notification tree, in addition to the usual new themes and dynamic wallpapers that will replace the successful backgrounds of Earth and Mars, the so-called ‘ Super Wallpapers ‘.
MIUI 13 would also improve the one-hand management option – something that currently only has three-inch modes. and perhaps bet on rectangles with even smoother and rounded corners, as well as muted colors, following the aesthetics of the news leaked on Android 12 .
The management of icons would have four different styles of shape within a 4×5 grid, in addition to customization of color within the top menu, without the need to dive between the menus.
In addition, as it is already being spread through the latest MIUI Closed Beta – version V18.104.22.168 to be exact – the file manager changes completely. The new redesign offers a much more visual presentation, focused on the type of file and simplifying navigation. This novelty would only be, for the moment, available in the Chinese ROM and not in the global ROM.
These icons have been slightly revised to appear in more pastel tones and with a sharper design. On the other hand, within the security options of your storage folders, you can choose to show hidden files, as up to now, or opt for the option “do not show gallery items and screenshots among recent files”, such as and as the XiaoMIUI leaks indicate.
As for the new features, they would highlight:
- User interface improvements, including additional functions.
- New animations, new theme designs, and improved gestures, plus the addition of some new useful gestures for daily tasks.
- Enhanced animations with touch sensitivity and improved sensitivity.
- Instant edit filter for photos and videos (something already available in various layers of customization like HarmonyOS).
- Improved screenshot, with additional functions.
- Memory expansion and extension, using internal memory to be able to use it as additional RAM, within a menu called Memory expansion. And be very careful about this function because it will allow any Xiaomi terminal to increase up to 3 GB of additional RAM in addition to the standard RAM of the terminal itself, as indicated by the latest Weibo leak.
- Native screen recording support, being a very intuitive function similar to screen capture.
- Improved “Always On Display” with additional features.
- Option to program airplane mode, being able to keep it on or off for a certain time.
- Improvements within the “Share” menu.
- Improved notification panel, including social functions for faster response in social networks.
- Enhancements and scheduling for a specified time of the dark mode/day mode.
- The function of “unique permissions”, that is, an option to grant access only once and revoke them when exiting the app.
- Improvements in power saving mode and use of monochrome mode.
- Fast charging improvements related to the new fast-charging functions up to 67W.
- Improved battery performance.
- An extra extreme battery-saving mode to keep the terminal operational for a long period of time.
- Improved notification system to manage and discriminate between old and new notifications within each app.
What will be the main news of MIUI 13?
It is clear: one of the most outstanding novelties would be the arrival of a Desktop Mode. And one of its key advantages lies in the ability to open different tabs in Google Chrome, just as we would on any PC.
This mode would simplify communication between smartphone, tablet, and computer through icon control similar to iPadOS, but powered by Samsung DeX’s own work tools. That is the double screen, shortcuts, screenshots, document synchronization.
As we see in the image leaked by XDA-devs, both the hierarchy and arrangement of icons and the bottom dock are strongly reminiscent of the iPad operating system. However, it also adds a series of accessibility and multitasking functions such as the switch to switch between apps or a touch dragging from below to return to the home screen.
In addition, according to a changelog of the MIUI Cleaner application (version 21.05.26.beta) found in the latest version of MIUI, 12.5, Xiaomi would already be adapting all native applications of the operating system to the new generation of MIUI, modifying the garbage cleaning engine, fixing some already recognized problems, etc.
Other outstanding news that we have been getting to know thanks to different insiders would be:
- Best advanced backup manager.
- Option to edit the typography of the system, as we can do in other territories.
- Direct access to reminders, edit them, convert them to the doc by export, and other improvements with just two taps.
- Improved quick notes editor, as well as shortcuts to other frequently used apps such as the flashlight or widgets.
- The screen recorder now has animation and new sound options.
- Major improvements in image processing and camera app management.
What release date does MIUI 13 update have?
The countdown has begun. There are already some terminals receiving the first beta of MIUI 13, so the launch is imminent.
However, we still do not have a specific date. Perhaps, if we look at our information collected during October. Or maybe we run into some delay. While the first rumors collected by MyDrivers and translated by the popular XiaoMIUI account pointed out that the official ROM would begin to be deployed in August, the latest data released by Lei Jun himself leaves no room for doubt: MIUI 13 will arrive at the end of 2021. Everything depends on the new Xiaomi 12.
The previous image corresponds to some statements published on Weibo, where Lei Jun responds to the five key points that will make up the annual speech that he will deliver on Tuesday, August 10 at 7:30 p.m. A good appointment to present the odd official image with which to quench your thirst for knowledge.
However, the actual release date remains unknown, and all this information should be taken with a grain of salt as it is not an official statement. As we indicated, Xiaomi has not given any possible official launch date and we do not have the final list of terminals prepared for MIUI 13.